Code of Conduct
We invite you to join ISLS 2022 in a spirit of curiosity, friendliness, open-mindedness, and respect.
At an ISLS 2022 event you agree to:
- Communicate openly and thoughtfully with others and being considerate of the multitude of views and opinions that are different than your own.
- Treat everyone with respect and consideration.
- Be respectful, mindful, and generative in your critique of ideas.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
ISLS 2022 prohibits discrimination, harassment, and bullying against any person for any reason. Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Any verbal, written, or physical conduct designed to threaten, intimidate, or coerce another delegate, conference organizers, or staff.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff member, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Comments that are offensive or unwelcome regarding a person’s nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, body, disability, or appearance, including epithets, slurs, and negative stereotyping.
- Nonverbal harassment includes: the disrespectful disruption of presentations; the distribution, display, or discussion of any written or graphic material that ridicules, denigrates, insults, belittles, or shows hostility, aversion, or disrespect toward an individual or group because of national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, appearance, disability, sexual identity, marital, or other protected status.
Contact us to report an incident: If, during an ISLS 2022 event, you have been involved or have witnessed an incident that violates the Code of Conduct, please inform a member of ISLS 2022 staff and let us know immediately.
Email: [email protected]
This Code of Conduct is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
Oskar Lindwall, ISLS President
Shirin Vossoughi & Kris D. Gutiérrez, ISLS Equity and Justice Committee